What is the difference between a VPS hosting and Shared Web HostingMay 25, 2020
Hello Friends, If you are confused between VPS & Shared Hosting services then you have landed on the right page. Start your hosting journey today because we are going to discuss VPS & Shared Web Hosting Services. Hosting is easy to understand if you are a tech-savvy. It can be difficult a little bit to understand it completely. In Simple words, Hosting will give you the freedom of technologies and services that are essential to run a web page on the Internet. There are many different types of hosting available in the world. Each of them has different advantages and disadvantages.
Here, we are going to discuss two of them: VPS Web Hosting and Shared Web Hosting Services.
VPS Hosting VS Shared Hosting in Brief
Hosting is just like space where you can gather all your resources to run a website on the Internet. VPS and Shared hosting are some of the main categories of hosting. Shared Hosting means you have to share a server and all its resources with others whether bandwidth, ram, storage, etc. are included. VPS Hosting means, Virtual Private Server means it will make a virtual server or environment to you that imitates dedicated servers. In easy words, you will very likely server and all its resources but everything within a shared hosting environment.
- Resources Allocation: It means how much resources you will have in a dedicated service.
On a Shared Hosting Service, you will share all the resources with every other on a server. It means if a website uses too much bandwidth all the other sites will affect by this.
But on a VPS Server, You have a larger part of a server with less limited resources. You can also install extra software by getting root access to the server’s hardware.
- Security: This is one of the main factors that matters the most while choosing to host between these hosting services.
Shared Hosting is secure but there is no guarantee. Because you are sharing the same server with other websites too. If a website makes a mistake or it has a security breach then there are more chances that your site will be hacked or override by the hacker.
On the other hand, VPS Hosting is more safe and secure. You are sharing only a server with other VPS users. It means everyone has a higher level of security.
- Customization: There is a simple clarification between the customization of websites in both servers. On a shared hosting server, you have limited resources that you can’t exceed as per your need. But on VPS Hosting Server, You can customize your resources according to your needs.
- Performance: No matter how many resources and security you have for the website. A client or visitor needs that your site runs fast. Research suggests that a website is more likely to open in 2-3 seconds. Shared hosting is best for small businesses or blog websites for a small number of visitors. If it will suddenly get the traffic then there are chances that the website will impact its performance and it may be open slow.
On VPS Hosting you will get more bandwidth that will be enough to deal with the high volume of traffic on your website.
- Scalability: Shared hosting is best for those who want to start small businesses or small startups that will only get hundreds of visitors monthly. It will cost you less. But when you want to scale a website without any worries of traffic or website crashing than you should for VPS Web Hosting Servers. It may be a little higher than shared in the price but gives you a smooth experience.
- Price: The price matters the most before choosing any hosting for Individual or business purposes. It is common that if are you paying more for a specific product or service than you will get something more and reliable. You can see the same thing here. Shared Hosting much cheaper than VPS Hosting, but this can’t prove that it is not worthy. It is always affordable for small businesses and start-ups. VPS Hosting is a little higher than shared hosting. But it comes with more flexibility, resources, and advantages.
For the above reasons, you can easily choose between VPS Web Hosting and Shared Web Hosting Services. Everything depends on your need and perspective. If you want to make a static website or want a small business website then go with Shared Web Hosting. It will also cost you much low price. But if you want to make a dynamic website or need a big business website with approx. thousands of visitors weekly then you have to go with VPS Hosting.