These Days there are a number of web hosting solutions in the market. It is very difficult to choose from the best. In this article, we will talk about VPS and Cloud hosting. VPS Hosting and Cloud hosting both offer excellent features and benefits. Both provide excellent services and high-performance, Reliability at a very pocket-friendly range. But how do you choose the best amongst these two? We are going to give you the complete difference between VPS VS Cloud hosting. This article will surely help you to choose the best fit for you.
The main difference between VPS and CLoud hosting is that a VPS hosting provides a particular server while Cloud hosting offers a bunch of multiple servers.
Difference between VPS and Cloud Hosting
|Features||Cloud Hosting||VPS Hosting|
|Virtualized Operating System||✓||✓|
|Gigabit Network Interface||✓||✓|
|Fault Tolerant Hosting Platform||✓||✓|
|Expandable CPU Allocation||Starting from 16 Cores||Starting from 4 Core|
|Expandable Memory Allocation||Starting from 32 GB||Starting from 4GB|
|Backup Space Included||Starting at 25GB||Available in higher plans|
|Global Content Delivery Content Network||✓||✖|
|Secure Cloud Control Panel||✓||✖|
|Console Access through Control Panel||✓||✖|
|Dynamic Resource Allocation||✓||✖|
|Control Panel Initiated Reboot||✓||✖|
|Control Panel Initiated Shutdown||✓||✖|
|Control Panel Initiated Re-build||✓||✖|
|Control Panel Initiated Password Reset||✓||✖|
|Manage Backup in Control Panel||✓||✖|
|View Activity Logs in Control Panel||✓||✖|
|Pricing||Starting at $30||Starting at $20|
Before diving into the difference between VPS VS Cloud Hosting let’s first understand What VPS and Cloud Hosting are.
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. It is the most popular type of hosting solution which is basically used for the growing website. In this type of web hosting your website is hosted on a shared server but it has virtualized space. In simple words, your website will be hosted on Shared server but the website will be limited and you will get a fixed amount of resources which is not distributed with others or no other website can use your allotted resource.
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting uses multiple servers to balance the loads and uptime of the website. Cloud hosting does not use a single server as there are multiple servers hosted in different countries so in any case any one of the servers gets down then the other nearest server will get up. So that it will never let you face any downtime. In simple words, your website is hosted on a cluster that uses resources from centralised pool. If your server fails then another will get up and make your website up.
VPS VS Cloud Hosting | Pros & Cons / Advantages of Disadvantages
VPS hosting and Cloud hosting both are the different types of web hosting. Here in this article you will get the complete difference between VPS and Cloud hosting.
Pros & Cons of VPS Hosting
Pros of VPS Hosting / Advantages of VPS Hosting
- VPS Hosting is Customizable- VPS hosting is customizable as it provides Root Access. You will get full control over the server and operating system. So you can easily customize your VPS server which is one of the biggest advantages.
- Provides High-Performance- VPS Hosting provides high-performance to your website as you will have full control over the resources, unlike shared hosting. You are getting a dedicated space on a shared server that means you will use a fixed amount of resources to grow your website.
- Security- VPS Hosting is one of the most secure hosting types. Everything that is running on your website is hidden from the other users that are hotels on the same server or the parent server. You will be completely safe and secure with a VPS hosting solution. So you do not need to worry about the security of the VPS hosting server.
- Scalable– You can easily scale VPS hosting within a click. You will get access to CPU, RAM, and storage that will help you to scale up your hosting server.
- Easy Backups- In case if you will lose your data and information because of something wrong with the server then you do not need to get worried. You can get back up within a single click through a server.
Cons of VPS Hosting / Disadvantages of VPS Hosting
- Expensive than Shared Hosting– VPS hosting is more expensive than Shared hosting as VPS hosting provides dedicated resources to their users.
- Need Technical Experience– VPS hosting requires technical experience as you are getting control of your server. You should know about the technical knowledge of the server to run VPS hosting.
- Do not have full control over the server– You do not have full control over the server as there are a number of websites hosted on that particular server.
- May Server cause Issues– Sometimes server cause issues that will affect your website on that server. You should know how much virtual space has given from that server at a time.
Pros & Cons of Cloud Hosting
Pros of Cloud Hosting / Advantages of Cloud Hosting
- Better Uptime- Cloud hosting provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Cloud hosting provides a number of interconnected servers so it will never let your website down. These interconnected servers help you if any of the servers gets down then the other nearest server gets up.
- Better Performance– Cloud hosting offers excellent solutions as it deals with multiple servers interconnected and works as one server for a particular website. Cloud hosting helps you to easily load the website as it works with multiple websites.
- Scalability and flexibility– Scalability and flexibility are the main reasons to use Cloud hosting solutions for your website. Cloud hosting is a more scalable and flexible type of web hosting solution.
- Backup and Disaster– With cloud hosting you can not lose your data and information as your data is stored automatically at a number of servers. So the possibility of the losing data is remote.
Cons of Cloud Hosting / Disadvantages of Cloud Hosting
- Lack of Security Protection– There are certain risks in cloud computing servers. You need to choose the best and reputed hosting provider to prevent the threats of hacking, privacy breaches, and cyberattacks.
- Lack of familiarity for the Beginners– Beginners should be familiar with the server and its resources as you have to implement the right security measures. You need to get familiar with the technicalities, interface and functions of Cloud computing resources.
VPS VS Cloud Hosting- Conclusion
The biggest difference between VPS and Cloud hosting is the flexibility. If you want a flexible environment and you have technical knowledge then you can go with the Cloud hosting services. You can also go with VPS hosting if you do not have that much technical knowledge. Overall at the end, the choice of VPS and Cloud hosting only depends on your budget and needs of your website.